The Cost Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate inventory costing through review of manufacturing processes and monthly reconciliation of physical inventory counts and valuation with the general ledger through reconciliations.
- Participating in monthly close process to ensure proper recording of divisional transactions, especially those related to inventory and cost of goods sold
- Performing monthly account reconciliations for divisional balance sheet accounts
- Coordinating the receipt of monthly inventory counts (raw material and finished goods) at contract manufacturers
- Preparing a monthly roll forward of raw materials beginning balance, purchases and usage in manufacturing to ensure the ending balance from the contract manufacturer is correct
- Reconciling inventory floor counts with ERP system balances by working closely with the Quality Control Manager and warehouse operations and processing system inventory adjustments or preparing adjusting journal entries, as necessary
- Assisting in monitoring of inventory agings to ensure that products are sold before expiration
- Processing customer order fulfillments, including creating sales orders, packing slips and invoices
- Assisting in maintaining the Bill of Materials for manufactured products
- Assisting in inventory purchasing activities, including production planning
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Assist with audit requests and other special projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ERP system functionality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to assess and problem-solve and suggest process improvements.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to a high growth organization.
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple projects with prioritization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Generally requires a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. CPA preferred.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders