Junior .NET Developer
The Jr. Developer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Jr. Developer will develop high quality solutions across multiple platforms (web, mobile, tablet, etc.) with guidance and direction from other members of the development team. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the team include, but aren’t limited to:
- Develop solutions within the functional specifications while maintaining high standards of software quality
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Design, develop, and test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Assist with the packaging and support of the deployments.
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and research Development trends as it relates to our business and future platforms.
- Partner with our Product Owners, QA and Development teams to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation.
- Work with teammates in the migration of existing legacy code to current technologies and standards.
- Develop, refine and tune systems.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products the duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job.
- Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with graphic development software (Photoshop, ImageReady, Illustrator etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of software development throughout the entire lifecycle
- General working knowledge of source control and release management best practices
- Basic Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience designing for desktop & mobile platforms using responsive design
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Understanding of MVC
- Microsoft .NET development is a plus
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- A general understanding of e-commerce
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year of Developer or relevant University level experience
- A portfolio demonstrating first-hand development experience
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and use good organizational skills.
- A passion for coding
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required, or equivalent work experience
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders