Under general supervision, the Material Handler prepares, processes, and moves merchandise productively and accurately according to established guidelines in order to meet department standards. Works independently and in a team, as assigned, and moves between job functions as needed. Practices safety awareness; order consolidation, picking, packing, replenishment, shipping, receiving, inventorying, and re-warehousing. Processing must be completed in a timely manner to maintain established department standards/goals. Provides and processes information in response to inquiries, concerns and/or requests about our products and services by doing the following duties. The Material Handler will have basic understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Follow all Safety and applicable Policies and Procedures
- Loads and unloads trailers, scans merchandise, builds pallets and labels merchandise
- Picks, packs and sorts products
- Re-bags/Re-tickets, replenishes and/or stocks merchandise as needed
- Verifies accuracy of production or location; may set or assign locations of products
- Performs manual, computer or RF functions to enter data in systems
- Performs count of product / reconciliations (count cycle)
- Adheres to company policies and procedures; follows department training guidelines, best practices and operating procedures
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Maintains standards of appearance according to department dress code
- Works well with fellow Associates, Leads, Supervisors and Managers
- Follows all location Safety Guidelines
- Ensures equipment, skids, slips and other department supplies are maintained
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- May be required (certified) to operator warehouse motor vehicles; including but not limited to: forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions
- Ability to perform tasks consistently and accurately
- Ability to safely operate hand and power equipment according to procedure
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to perform basic math and computer operations
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Generally requires a minimum of three (3) months of work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders