Under general supervision, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform fabrication duties and responsibilities
- Perform mechanical maintenance including, but not limited to, machinery, electrical, VFD’s, pneumatic, hydraulic, programming cards, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, conveyors, equipment and plant facilities
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Compliance with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Facility maintenance (i.e. painting, plumbing, minor electrical)
- Reconfigure modular office space
- Opex technician duties such as trouble shooting iBots & system repairs
- Using A.C. Controls Software (i.e. heating & cooling the facility)
- Maintenance and Programming of Controls Lighting Software (i.e. light program in our facility)
- PM creation and implementation as set forth by individual task
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
- Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades
- Machine overhauls
- Certified on forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts
- Programmable Logic Controller Training
- Industrial Electrical Training
- Knowledge of conveyors, motors and dc drives
- Knowledge of OSHA and other legal requirements
Generally requires a minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of maintenance mechanic or related experience. Experience with cGMPs is a huge plus.
Proficiency utilizing Fabrication tools (i.e. welding, machining, torches etc.), all hand tools, all power tools. Competency in one’s use of PIV’s and equipment operation to include but not limited to, boom lifts, scissor lifts, stock pickers, forklifts, and ect.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders