Director of Product Management
The Director, IT Product Management will be responsible for leading and developing an experienced team of technical professionals and product managers; building and growing an unparalleled customer experience through product development and execution. The Director will participate and lead a wide variety of activities including building and improving customer features, developing specifications in partnership with development and testing; understanding and driving stakeholder requirements and engagement. The successful Director will place emphasis on quality, efficiency, on-time delivery and user engagement, while managing stakeholder expectations. The Director is passionate about best practices, continuous improvement and expert at managing cross functional teams, removing impediments and facilitating consensus to achieve objectives.
- Oversee product management efforts.
- Construct and maintain Project/Product Portfolio
- Works to promptly remove any obstacles to project progress.
- Develops and tracks project plans and progress from inception to delivery to ensure requirements are delivered as scheduled. Issues status reports and keeps Stakeholders apprised of issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Manages product backlog and prioritize based on the cost and the business value of the product
- Manages product management team and assures clear product definitions and roadmaps.
- Successfully obtains commitment from all involved parties on multi-disciplined projects.
- Effectively manages stakeholder expectations.
- Conduct risk analysis, documents and control risk.
- Leads team in deconstruction of a project into a work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Carries out project life cycles in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Understands and utilizes change management systems.
- Gathers both internal and external data to develop decision making tools for products and projects.
- Trend analysis of products to plan for strategic enhancements based on current usage of the product.
- Hire and manage a high performing team of direct reports.
- Build upon, refine and improve existing agile process within the technology office.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Oversee and facilitate Agile Team Process and Continuous Delivery
- Collaborates with Product Owners and other team members in Agile planning activities. Leads Product Roadmaps, Program Planning, Story Grooming and Story Planning meetings. Develops Agile documentation and distributes as required.
- Generates and communicates Agile Metrics. Tracks and communicates team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Analyzes project data and Agile metrics. Collaborates with others, uses data and knowledge gained to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Mentors Product Team Members and provides guidance in Agile processes and Team interactions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with developing and deploying software in a rapid delivery and agile environment.
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, change management, quality assurance, and release management.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with application lifecycle management systems
- Proven track record of managing products from ideation to execution to deployment.
- Works with project team to determine resource requirements (people, equipment, materials) and estimate cost of such resources
- Ability to juggle/prioritize multiple critical projects simultaneously.
- Ability to write clear and concise project requirement documents.
- Experience in conceptualizing and implementing products across multiple platforms and devices.
- Strong understanding of user engagement, business goals and the ability to lead a team in converting those goals into product requirements and priorities.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders; superior organizational and analytical skills
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Proven ability to manage budgets and maintain fiscal discipline.
- Possesses ability to oversee training, research new technologies, and match requirements to deliverables.
- Must be comfortable interfacing with business stakeholders and executives, as well as technical counterparts, and able to seamlessly translate among all levels and functions.
- Strong understanding of web information architecture & ERP functions necessary.
- Experience in enterprise software/hardware implementations and working with and managing enterprise level vendor relationships.
- Experience with e-commerce websites and platforms.
- Technical proficiency in both client and server side technologies.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to lead, manage and achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development/design practices.
- Experience implementing Agile using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Scrum Master certification
- Requires a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of experience leading an agile technology organization or relevant experience
- Actual experience developing and implementing Agile processes
BS degree (MS or MBA degree preferred) or equivalent experience required
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders