The back-end Software Developer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Software Developer develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions, that are scalable for a high transaction environment.
- Full lifecycle application development
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Software modeling and simulation
- Front end graphical user interface development
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Project Planning and Project Management
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication Skills, must be able to articulate, and have a strong technical vocabulary
- Display of initiative / self-starter
- Understands Agile Environment
- Strong knowledge of C# .net and experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL server
- Experience designing building, testing and supporting applications with n-tier architecture
- A strong understanding of .Net best practices
- Familiar with .net remoting/WCF
- Familiar with Windows service and API development
- Cache management
- Unit testing and continuous integration
- Exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Analytical Skillset
- Detail Oriented
- MS Office Knowledge (efficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Generally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience as a back-end developer.
- A portfolio demonstrating first-hand development experience with complex applications
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and use good organizational skills.
- A passion for building user-centric solutions
- A proven track-record delivering flawless defect free code.
- Demonstrated experience of source control, defect reduction and release management
Bachelor’s Degree required and/or years of experience. An emphasis in Computer Science is preferred
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders