The IT Trainer will be responsible to develop, coordinate, and conduct IT technical training to meet organizational requirements for new and existing Team Members. The IT Trainer will collaborate with all company departments to deliver user skills-focused training for all computer systems, software and applications pertinent to the department function.
- Develop, coordinate, and conducts IT technical training programs according to organizational requirements for new and existing Team Members
- Produce training schedules and classroom agendas
- Determine course content according to objectives
- Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets, etc.)
- Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Arrange for and conduct on-site or virtual training when needed
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
- Design, develop, implement, and continuously improve IT training processes
- Ensure effective deployment of new technologies and the effective use of learning technologies
- Become the “Go To” resource for software and application user questions
- Develop peer networks to keep abreast of current thinking
- Constantly refresh skills and knowledge to stay current with new technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude
- Degree in a relevant technical field
- Proven experience as technical trainer
- Experience creating and implementing technical training programs from scratch
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Outstanding communication skills, comfortable speaking to large groups, ability to communicate effectively with business leadership, operations, administration and IT
- Experience collaborating with others on IT management roles to develop appropriate training content. Ability to achieve results without necessarily having a reporting relationship
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Quick learner. Ability and willingness to accept new and different ways of doing things and to accept coaching from manager and other leadership resources.
- Ability to rapidly accept and assimilate changes (organization, process, or technology) and quickly focus on achieving post-change results
- +3 years’ experience in IT training in the following areas: applications, software, computer systems
- +3 years’ experience in IT training curriculum development including: presentations, SOPs, handouts, manuals
- +3 years’ experience in defining and implementing training metrics and success targets
- +3 years’ experience in organizational skills, meeting facilitation, time management, multi-tasking and setting training priorities for teams/departments
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field. Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) is a plus
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders