The Corporate Counsel will assist the Executive Team in all stages of corporate transactions to include but not limited to; assisting with the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of day to day business activities.
- Review, draft and manage agreements/contracts with distributors, retailers, suppliers, landlords and strategic partners on a worldwide basis.
- Work with all relevant groups to negotiate contracts by balancing legal risks with the business needs of the company.
- Maintain document management system to organize all contracts and keep track of critical dates and deadlines.
- Draft letters and correspondence.
- Partner with outside counsel in various matters, to include, but not limited to: intellectual property and trademark compliance, employee relations and contract law.
- Provide broad-based legal services and advice throughout a global organization.
- Work cross functionally with various departments to meet business objectives.
- Resolve legal issues using negotiation skills and legal expertise.
- Review corporate and transactional legal issues and advise various internal personnel on appropriate actions to anticipate, guard against and minimize legal risks. Must be able to easily and effectively interact with and explain legal issues to various levels of business leaders, including senior executives, without supervision.
- Provide sound legal advice that addresses business concerns. Find creative solutions to contractual and compliance issues to reach resolution, taking a pragmatic approach that balances legal and financial risks against business interests.
- Ensure company is compliant in all facets of operations and assist business unit leaders to ensure compliance with various rules, regulations and government agencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Licensed to practice law in California.
- International contract law knowledge a plus.
- Corporate governance knowledge.
- Highly skilled negotiator and team player who can actively work with the business to engineer pragmatic solutions to a wide range of challenges, while balancing the need to comply with many legal, regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a heavy workload and complete transactions quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently on projects, meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple matters.
- 3-5 years of proven transactional experience, in-house experience a plus.
- Experience with international trade, customs and competition laws a plus.
- Experience with Intellectual property to include but not limited to trademarks and patent law a plus.
- Experience with Domain disputes (ICANN disputes) a plus.
- International Experience is a plus
- SEC Experience a plus
- JD or law degree from an accredited law school.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders