The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring accurate financial reporting through the month end close and account reconciliation process
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place
- Participating in monthly close process for multiple entities, including journal entries and account reconciliations for various assigned complex accounts (i.e. loyalty discounts, rewards, payroll, etc.)
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances and preparing adjusting journal entries, including inventory
- Reconciling customer prepaid duties and taxes with shipping carriers invoices for customs fees
- Preparing monthly variance analysis
- Providing support for audit requests
- Streamlining processes to reduce month end close timeline
- Assisting in special projects to implement new system functionality (i.e. intercompany and consolidations)
- Assisting department staff as needed to meet strict deadlines
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Generally requires a minimum four (4) to five (5) years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required, or a combination of experience and education required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders