DevOps Engineer builds and maintains the overall direction of the company’s production ecommerce & WMS infrastructure. The DevOps engineer will be leading the implementation of systems like Docker, Puppet, SOLR and Redis,. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for improving and maintaining website performance, monitoring website traffic, and be primary resource focused on Microsoft Technologies.
- Oversee the sizing and infrastructure solutions for the Web & WMS environments
- Manages company website in private cloud, hosted cloud web services
- Publishes software upgrades and configuration management to company systems
- Works directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
- Establishes Web system specifications by analyzing access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes Web system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains Web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures Web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades Web system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Establishes and monitors Content Delivery Network systems, monitors traffic and performance, maintains and improves performance of the website using CDN configurations.
- Monitors website traffic worldwide using global monitoring tools and identify and diagnose website accessibility in different regions.
- Maintains DNS servers and monitors DNS traffic.
- Builds and maintains load balancers and global traffic managers
- Works with Webmaster tools to identify website content and SEO issues; works with development team to resolve issues.
- Monitors and analyses website traffic through analytic tools and reports any identified issues.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of applications servers like SOLR, Redis, Docker
- Experience writing shell scripts, php and other scripting languages
- Ability to run queries and stored procedures against databases
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Ability to work with high traffic websites, update, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP protocol and IP concepts
- Ability to analyze web traffic and identify problems and unusual trends.
- Experience in working with VMWare 5.0 and up
- Experience in working with load balancers and Global Traffic Managers
- Experience in working with DNS servers
- Experience in working with CDNs (e.g. Akamai)
- Experience in developing, installing, and maintaining HTTP modules in Apache
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders