The Data Scientist analyzes statistics and information from multiple sources to spot trends and to gain maximum insight that can help give iHerb a competitive advantage by using cutting age technology to make recommendations across our organization. The Data Scientist will collect new data, through various methods (ie: data mining) from many angles and determines its meaning. The Data Scientist
finds and recommends new uses for existing data sources; designs, modifies, and builds new data processes; and builds large, complex data sets.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
· Communicates data findings to both business and IT leaders to influence how an organization approaches and meets business challenges of an evolving customer base and changing marketplace, using strong business acumen.
· Finds and recommends new uses for existing data sources; designs, modifies, and builds new data processes; and builds large, complex data sets.
· Conducts statistical modeling and experiment design, and tests and validates predictive models.
· Builds web prototypes and performs data visualization.
· Conducts scalable data research on and off the cloud.
· Develops customized algorithms to solve analytical problems with incomplete data sets, and implements automated processes for efficiently producing scale models.
· Collaborates with database engineers and other scientists to develop, refine, and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices, and other issues.
· Implements new or enhanced software designed to access and handle data more efficiently.
· Trains the data management team on new or updated procedures.
· Writes and implements quality procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of quantitative experience in Logistics/Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering or related Businesses.
- 3+ years’ experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis. Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting ( SQL, MySQL)
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby)
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
- Previous experience with information retrieval is highly desirable.
- Passion for leveraging technical solutions aligned with long term strategy with incremental deliverable outputs would be appreciated.
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work on data mining, data science projects with application engineering, quality engineers and product management.
- Ability to mentor other data scientists and engineers.
- Passion to stay on the cutting edge of data science.
Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, or related industry experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders